Monday, December 24, 2007

My Christmas Prayer

Humbled. That's what you were. You chose to take a form so beneath you it's incomprehensible. Comparing it to me becoming something like a maggot doesn't even begin the comparison of what you did for me.

Perfection. What heaven is and what you are. You introduction was without notice to most of the world. You met earth and immediately were covered with it. Disease, dirt, and depravity were you cherubim. They surrounded you but could not overcome you.

Dirty. What we were. Instead though you decided to get your hands dirty. Pierced actually. So that we could be clean again. We were trash. Because of you we are treasured.

Overwhelmed. That's me. To think that you would do all of this so that I would be clean. That you would leave, humble yourself from perfection to become dirty so that I could be treasured...overwhelming.

Thankful. Is what I can never be. I can't start to be thankful for the sacrifice you made. I can try. I'll never understand. I can't comprehend the contrast. I can't.

Rest. Is what you tell me to do. In your lap. In your arms. In your grace. So I will. Until the day that I can be risen up with you, to see your perfection. I'll realize my own dirt that you humbled yourselves to save me from so that I can be humble enough to finally thank you the way you deserve.

Speechless. What I am until that day.

No comments: