Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Flip Video- First Review

From one of our global outreach teams: 

Thanks to Communications for the use of the “just over $100 Flip video camera” in Sao Paulo, Brazil & Buenos Aires, Argentina November 27- December 5, 2007.  Brian & I filmed 60 minutes, dumped the files on a laptop, and then took another half hour or so of footage.  Here’s my review:

I found it to be very
user-friendly, considering I’d never used a video camera before. All I had to do was turn it on and push record!  Timid GO Journey team members will definitely appreciate that, as well as its small size (fit in my purse so I had it with me every minute of the trip), the ease of getting it through airport security, and its use of simple AA batteries.  Not having to charge it came in handy in countries where you need an adapter to use electrical outlets.  The Flip camera didn’t run out of juice until 7 days into the trip.

From what I can tell viewing our clips on a computer, the
quality is good, but I am eager to verify this by seeing a clip incorporated into a video and played on the big screens.

For GO Journey teams, I’ll need a quick
instruction sheet for:

1. How to use the Flip video software to dump the files (and that saving them in a new folder each time will mean no duplicate names)

2. How to use Real Time to view them on the computer

3. How to post clips to a blog

Crystal Steadham

Global Outreach Mobilization

Perimeter Church, Duluth, GA

No comments: