Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Writing, right to left

I'm a lefty. I've used a right handed mouse most of my life, switched to left hand in college for a while just because it fit better on my desk. Mostly, though I've been a right handed mouse hugger.

About a year ago I had the opportunity to check out a WACOM tablet. Fell in love. So I picked up one of the lesser models to try it out. The question was which way to set it up. While I can mouse ambidextreously I can only write, well, left handed.

So right it is, but that has made it hard to get anything out of the WACOM really. So today I made the switch. I'm a left handed mouse person again. But while I'm at it I thought why not drop the mouse all together and go with the pen 100% of the time.

The part is pretty easy, I just didn't realize all the other stuff that would have to change, like hitting alt+tab to change programs. I'm used to keeping my left hand on the keyboard so I'm having to relearn all that too.

We'll try it for a week or two and see if I can get used to it.

Left handed mice unite!

No comments: