Saturday, March 22, 2008

Identity Crisis

Well it finally happened- I've been victimized. I can now join the ranks of those who have in some way suffered identity crisis.

Doing bills last week I noticed things were way off of where I expected. I started wondering if I had suddenly purchased a new apple product, but realized with the apple backlash day looming that couldn't be.

So I started looking closely and there it was, 440 bones to paypal.



So I called my bank, they assured me that it would be taken care of, not to worry. An investigation would start as soon as it posted to my account and they would temporarily refund me the money until the investigation was over. Cool! They also canceled my card an initiated a new one. Go wachovia! Good user experience abounds.

Then I emailed paypal. Not so happy about having to go the email route. I just lost a signifigant sum of money. I need to hear a carbon based creature assure me. Never the less I was able to follow the progress through a resolution center view. An email was sent to the "seller." The same night the case was closed as the seller had refunded my money.


So I'm mostly feeling ok about it, until today when the fee hits my account. No new stuff has posted to paypal so I'm sure it's the original charge, then I'll see the refund.

All in all a good experience considering a someone from a country we don't have diplomatic relations with stole my money. Ain't the web great.

No comments: