Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Fusion- Week 1

I work in a very microsoft dominant environment. Being one of a few Mac guys in a PC habitat can present some challenges.

I've overcome most of those through the use of a couple of Automator scripts to help mount network drives. Recently though everyone went to office 2007.

So I needed a solution for playing elegantly in their world. After all the remainder of the organization are my clients. I have to interface with them in the way they expect it.

After reading several reviews and seeing a great comparison chart in MacWorld (May 2007) it looks like VMWare's Fusion is the way to go.

We installed it last week and I've been trying to make the change over. Here are my notes as of week one:
  • It is amazing to be able to have a full version of windows alongside my native Mac apps.
  • It is giving me a lot of functionality that I had lost being siloed on a Mac
  • The program runs quickly and I haven't had a single crash yet (even though it's running windows) PS-- I went to send an email while typing this... It crashed.
  • I love that it can see all my peripherals including all my drives and anything plugged into a USB outlet.
  • Unity mode adds a cool element that allows me to use Expose to view ALL windows open, instead of looking at a window within a window.
  • Drag and drop has worked pretty well. Dragging an attachment from an email to the desktop is a little buggy.
  • One negative- It is chugging my system down. I typically have the entire Adobe CS3, Entourage, Stickies, Itunes, Ichat and FireFox open at all times. My system (2.33 core duo with 3G of RAM) usually handles that effortlessly. Since installing fusion it's been a challenge when working with large files.
  • One other thing making the switch challenging is email. It doesn't look first at my contact list so I can't just start typing and it picks up the name. Sure that can be changed in some option menu.

Overall I like it. It's working pretty well and it allows me to function the way I need to, without an additional computer. I'll keep you updated on whether or not I can make the switch. I'm still keeping entourage close by and reaching for it often.

_sl

1 comment:

buy real telegram members said...

Why buy telegram members?
Most people who set up a telegram channel want to create an internet business, but how can we make money from our telegram and channel? The prerequisite for answering this question is how much membership we have. Usually, at the beginning of the road, an buy telegram members will be a very difficult and time-consuming task and you should not expect growth and revenue from your channel or group until you have a large number of members.


To buy real telegram members, you can easily search for the Increase telegram member on Google and then select a reputable advertising company and give them the job.


Forced Add is a method of adding users to channels, which is done by some unofficial telegrams. As buy telegram channel members and is widely used in various countries, many informal telegrams have entered the competition arena. These unofficial telegrams add a lot of functionality to the main telegram.

In this way, the Increase telegram member will send a message to users buy telegram group members, and people will only see what your channel name is and if they want or need your channel, they will join your channel.


Similar to the buy telegram channel subscribers, push notification is used, except that the message you send contains your photo and ad text like a banner.